Thursday, June 17, 2010

Parting shots of Alaska


As promised here are some more AK pictures, Uncle Tim! :)

AK state flower: the Forget-me-Not

The kids think it is pretty cool that Uncle Nate flies airplanes!
Nate, Carlee, Nathaniel and I took an evening and flew to the village of White Mountain.
It was a gorgeous flight, and a really special time together as siblings.

A musk ox from one of the Anvil Mnt. herds

A few days before I left Alaska, Anna, Leslie and I trekked the mountains near Salmon Lake. What a breathtaking hike! (In more ways than one, heh!) Leslie is a bona-fide "Alaska Woman" (She met her husband when she was tagging a bear she had killed) and Anna and I enjoyed her stories about wolf and bear encounters. Wowsers.

This HUGE valley was completely obscured by fog and when it finally rolled away we were in awe at the view. The mist and fog made this hike almost surreal... it was so beautiful.

My last full day in Alaska, we packed a picnic dinner and drove to "The End Of The Road". Literally, it just ends there in the tundra about 60 miles outside of town. We stopped by a river and explored a little, shot a few rounds on Nate and Nate's pistols, and just enjoyed being together.
Spotting reindeer

A moose in the river off the road

Poor Wessy had a bad day when he tripped and fell into the icy river!

WHAT!? Baby Caleb already needs a hair cut!? How can the Chubster be that old already? Mommy did a great job on his first cut and Caleb handled it like a pro. He would have loved to get his hands on those clippers though...


Carlee, Anna Fiskeaux and I sang this song last Sunday in church. It was not flawless as you will see, but the message was sung from our hearts and we were so blessed by it even when we were practicing. :) (My Bright Lights friends might recognize it!!)
It meant a lot to have Anna singing with us. She's a dear friend; a beautiful person on the inside and out who is so fervent hearted! I love you Anna. :)
I love attending the Nome Covenant Church... Harvey Fiskeaux, the pastor, is a prayer warrior and a passionate, caring man. And there are so many wonderful brothers and sisters there who I miss them already.

6 comments:

  1. The song was beautiful, Dani! Thanks for sharing it.
    Rachel Boyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all did GREAT! I know how hard it is to play and sing at the same time, you are a great piano player...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very beautiful song and voices. Thanks for sharing your heart and your world! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that does bring back memories! It also makes me miss you Dani girl!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with Chrissy - I miss those days when y'all were here in Singapore with us, and I miss all the conferences! I love that song, it makes me think of the good ole days so much! Dani I wish we could've met up with you while we were in the US, but just the same I think of all of you often and enjoy visiting your blog and reading it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dani, that song gave me goose bumps.....love the lyrics. you and carlee are living those lyrics out and that is why it is so moving. thank you for living your faith!! i really enjoyed all the great pics too! so looking forward to our time together on monday. yipee!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!