Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"A woman's heart should be so close to God
that a man should have to chase Him to find her."

(C.S. Lewis)

The following thought vein is not original with me. I'm shamefully stealing it from another blog, actually. But it struck me as being so very profound, and challenging. And precisely along the lines I have been thinking lately. It comes from Proverbs 23:27, which says,
"For a harlot is a deep pit
And an adulterous woman is a narrow well.
Surely she lurks as a robber,
And increases the faithless among men."
(Prov. 23:27-28)

I guess it's obvious that a girl can have this affect on a man; to lure him from God and family into the realm of the faithless. Yet surely the opposite is true, too! If I act with the utmost purity and righteousness, could I help to encourage and even increase the faithfulness of my brothers... and perhaps of the man I will marry? That's a pretty incredible thought.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this...what an encouraging thought! We have the power to inspire men to to glorify God! We so often hear about our abilities in the negative way. Thanks girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have had that quote by c.s. lewis scribbled on sheet of paper, stuffed inside my bible for ages...it's so inspiring, and encouraging. it's definitely an incredible thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, your blog is now on my favorites list. :)
    I LOVE this quote! It's going right into my notes for the Radiant Purity small groups. Perfect. Thank you!!! :) It was so great to spend time with you again tonight. Looking forward to an awesome time serving the Lord together......
    Love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!