Friday, April 24, 2009

"Business Cards" Incognito

I am so excited.

Grace Mally and I were talking the other day, and we agreed that we wish we had our own personal tracts to pass out. Something we could introduce with, "Hey...this is something I wrote and I hope you'll enjoy reading it", so it's more personal and interesting to people. I've looked online before and it seems pretty expensive to print your own stuff, so I haven't done it.
However the Lord, who was obviously present in our conversation and overheard my comment, gave me an idea; one I'm really excited about! :) Chrissy showed me her beautiful new business cards while I was at her house, and later a mom at the conferences gave me an adorable business card. I sat down at the computer yesterday to write to her, and felt impressed to look at her business card more closely.

On the back, it said "Business Cards are FREE at www.vistaprint.com!"

Suddenly the idea popped into my head... couldn't I make a business card-sized tract?? I stayed up until 2 am after work last night tweaking it and condensing my message to fit, in tiny font, on the front and back of a business card. I got some personalized options so it's not going to be free, but it's only $24.00 for 250 cards. I am SOOOOO happy. I'll let you guys know how they turn out (I'm praying they'll be readable and look okay,)... and maybe it's an idea that you'll like, too.

WATCH OUT, WORLD!!!
...Danigirl's armed and dangerous with the power of the gospel in size 7 font.


Check out Grace's blog, here by the way! She took some fantastic pictures of the Bright Lights conferences. I would be able to provide you with my own, if my CAMERA (insert menacing growl here) hadn't eaten all my batteries at inopportune moments.

5 comments:

  1. So very cool! I want to know how it looks when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice idea! love it! You did a great job writing out the gospel...it was welcoming and to-the-point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Praise the Lord for leading you to that website. I can't wait to hear how He's going to use those cards for His glory! BTW, it was SUCH a blessing meeting you. Now I know why Chrissy loves you so much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Dani! I love it. Well done! PTL.
    I am definately going to make something like that of my own now. Thank you for the reminder and great example.
    Today I was out and about shopping and I was wishing I had something more "personal" to give cashiers. I just used tracts for today, but I am seriously going to work on creating more personal tracts. yeah! I'm so excited. :)
    Miss you!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea! I want to see the finished product when I visit in May!
    Blessings girl, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!