Wednesday, April 15, 2009


The Omaha, Nebraska Bright Lights conference is ging well. This is the first day of the SITL conference (Strong In The Lord) and all the girls seem so excited! I noticed as I greeted them at the door that there was a special excitement this conference. Perhaps because of all the extra prayer that's gone in to it.

I can't say the joy that welled in my heart when a little girl on my team this evening named Callie (11 yrs. old) said with tears, "I realized tonight for the first time that I came to God because I just wanted to escape Hell... but He wants MORE than that! He wants me to live for Him! I don't just want to pray to Him so I'll go to heaven. I want to live for Him with all I have." THAT is the entire reason I'm here, and I PRAISE GOD that He's working in hearts like that! I can't wait until tomorrow, to talk more with Callie and see what the Father has in store.

Truly, the only joy greater than serving Christ is abiding in Him. I'm grateful He's helped me to do both during the past few busy days. It's a hard thing for me to balance.


In other news, I so miss my Chrissy and Andrew! I couldn't think of two nicer people to be a Jei Jei to. ;-) And Mr. and Mrs. Baskerville; I miss them too! What a wonderful stay. Thank you guys so much. I'm going to be practicing so that next time I can beat Andrew playing with MY LEFT HAND in ping pong, and drive four-wheeler without Chrissy's life flashing before her eyes as she clings to the back in desperate horror. ;) Mamma Kay and Mr. B., you're the best. I love you guys.
Thanks for the ice cream and the fun family chats. And for letting me store my nasty soy milk in your fridge, Mamma K. ;-) (I'll never forget your face when you tasted it!!) And Mr. B., it was fun being an honorary member of the clan on Easter.

Andrew, Me, and Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. Dani, I just wanted to tell you I had a blast finally meeting you! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you, Dani! I hope and pray your time will glorify God, and that He will give you the words to speak to the girls gathered there in NE.
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the conference went well! To read Callie's response is so exciting and encouraging -- thank you for sharing that! I have been praying for the conferences in Omaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you had a great time. I loved reading about Callie's response. To hear that from an 11 yr old is inspiring! "and out of the mouths of babes." Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!