Monday, February 09, 2009

Giving it a go....

My first post, and I'm already feeling the urge. I suppose every one of us has an urge inside to be original, to be different than others and to make them sit up and say "Ah, now THERE is a thinking person. THERE is a person with an out-of-the-ordinary mind." As I've viewed the world of blogging with a distant, critical eye, I've gone from wanting a blog to rebelling against the concept and back to wanting one again.
So here I am.
In writing this blog, I am going to try my utmost to keep Prov. 18:2 in the forefront of my mind: "A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself." I don't want to post empty, meaningless words just so people will listen to me and I will have a sense of validation as I add my voice to the masses. I want to understand God better, and I hope that my posts will reveal His heart to others as well in a small way. Not as if I've got a better understanding of Him than you do... But I've been "sharpened" (Prov. 27:17) by other's blogs and I hope to do the same for you.
So... here goes!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so totally excited because I'm the first one to comment on your blog!!!!! and I'm also so totally pumped because you have a BLOG! Love you Danielle my Jie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you started a blog!! how exciting! can't wait to stop by on a regular basis and see what you're up to... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dani Girl,
    Welcome to Blogland! I'm so glad you decided to do this. I'll be sure to be checking back rather frequently :o)) And you'll be going on my list of Blogging Friends. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani, I am so glad to see you have decided to do this. Nick and I mention you quite often and are just in awe of your faithfulness to the Lord. You are such an encouragement to us in our walk as young Christians. Thanks and God Bless. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!