Friday, May 23, 2014

Winds in the East...

It's been a long time since I've blogged.

I guess it's understandable, because marriage is a pretty big life change and other things can tend to get pushed to the back burner in the adjustment of a new life in a new place with a new schedule and new priorities. But I'd like to get back to it. It has been a piece of who I am for years now; thinking and writing with a desire to either share life with the folks back home or point people to Jesus.  In fact, I benefited in just that way from another blog this morning, and it made me want to begin again. It made me realize that people's words can change lives, and maybe God will give me words again to--if not change a life--at least inspire someone to see the Invisible things that really matter in a deeper way.

And maybe that someone will simply be me.

I benefit from writing my thoughts; as if it helps me to live more intentionally and thoughtfully. It reminds me that life is a grand story and there is an Author who writes beauty, adventure, and meaning into each page with His own hand.

 It was a good blog post that I read this morning, but it wasn't any deep profundity that had an impact on me. It was this simple phrase: "Recently God has been filling my heart with the desire to return to Him"

Just that.

Isn't is crazy how something so small can awaken your heart? I read it and--I'm not being dramatic, I promise-- I vicerally felt something stir inside of me. Like jumper cables had been hooked up to the battery of my heart and all I needed was a small spark to re-ignite something that had been drained of it's energy. Or, for further clarification, perhaps I'll point you to this obscure actor's line in a little known movie from the '60's:


Couldn't have said it better myself, Dick. :)

I suppose blogging isn't the only thing I've lost my enthusiasm for in the  past few months.
And it's not the only thing I'll be returning to today.

No guilt here. Just a sense of being called back to where I was. Intimacy with God. Passion. That feeling of being stirred, awakened, drawn, summoned....which is indescribable to those who have never felt it. The King has invited me into His throne room and not as a disobedient subject awaiting a verdict (although that would be altogether fair), but as HIS HEIR. Sitting on His knee; seeing His eyes twinkle; hearing Him speak of His heart of intense love for me and the rest of His world.

Re-ignition. Winds in the east. Awakening. The summons from My King.
That's a good way to re-start my blog and a great way to start the day.

8 comments:

  1. Any suggestions on the new layout?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dani! I have been waiting for a new post- new inspiration! Love the new layout. Make it a great day!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni! Sooo good to hear from you and I can't believe you still checked my blog after all these months. :) you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been waiting for you to come back...glad you did! So very excited to see the direction God will take you from here. I've been following your blog ever since Lars gave you an unintended plug, shortly after you left your job with Elisabeth. I am a bit older (58), and it is so encouraging to me so keep up with those of your generation who have a passion for Christ. So...good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! How kind of you to follow my blog!

      Delete
  5. Glad your back. Love your blog (and the new layout).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh!! Dani!! You're back!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!