Saturday, September 22, 2012

HOPE!

This morning, as I was brooding over a situation which has caused me great discouragement and worry, God spoke to my heart about hope through His word.
Praise Him for the transforming power of this Book, written so many thousands of years ago yet potent and powerful for MY situation today!
I think this has transformed my life, my prayers, my outlook and I wanted to share it.

I read Romans 15:13: 

"May the GOD OF HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in HIM, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."

I wrote this in my journal. (It did not even cross my mind to share it publicly until after after I wrote it, but now I very much want to share what God led me to pray so that maybe it will encourage others to fight for hope to):

"Faith, Hope, Love.
My Lord you see—and I am sad and ashamed to know—that I struggle to live daily with all 3! Lately it's been hope. Hope and faith are what drive my prayers! And yet lately my hope has been attacked.
My God, I repent!!!
I repent for embracing doubt!
I want to fight for FAITH, HOPE, LOVE!
Oh God, hope comes from YOU! Joy and peace which birth hope are gifts from Your hand!
Fill me, I ask! Fill me with hope so I can pray the prayers of expectant faith that You love!
So I  can speak LIFE where there is death,
JOY where there is depression,
STRENGTH where there is weakness,
PASSION where there is apathy,
FIRE where there is ice,
FLESH where there is stone,
ENLIGHTENMENT where there is darkness,
and so I can speak JESUS where there is any situation needing His beautiful, mighty, wise, unstoppable power!
Oh fill Your deficit child with this, my mighty Lord. I hunger for faith, HOPE, love! Begin this transformation in me right now, today!"


3 comments:

  1. Sweet Dani, thank you SO much for sharing this. Would you mind if I copied it into my journal as well?

    You inspire and challenge me, Dani. And yes, it's not about you...it's ALL about HIM. But that's what is so beautiful- a heart that so fully wants to please and serve the Lord. A heart like that is rare these days, to His great grief.

    I'm so thankful the Lord brought you into my life so many years ago. I'm always checking your blog- even though I rarely ever comment, know that I'm here praying for you and growing with you.

    Love,
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, we talked about this same hope this week as we were having our morning Bible time. Next to the scripture many, many years ago, I drew a tiny picture of an anchor with a handwritten reference to Hebrews 6:19: We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain... "Anchor of the soul" has remained with me all these years. When the waters are turbulent and all feels lost, or I just feel like I can't hold on any longer, (I, I, I!)it's that same hope, hope in the promises of my Savior that secures me.

    Thank you for sharing your heart and your prayer. May it be each of ours.

    God Bless you, Dani! I love you dearly and thank God for you and your ministry. Only Heaven can reveal all He is accomplishing through your faithful obedience.

    Michelle <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you for your comments Michelle and Toria!! I'm grateful for you two!! Love that Hebrews 6:19, Michelle. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!