Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Entered Glory 57 Years Ago Today:

(Re-posting this from a couple years ago because there's not a lot to add to what my brothers have said.)

Pete Fleming (Age 27)"[The Lord] has been leading my meditation to the stringent statements of Christ regarding discipleship specially those words of Christ to His disciples before He sent them out…’He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for My sake shall find it.’ I have been directed to these and similar passages again and again. I should like to put these truths to the utmost test … Seemingly God delights in many instances to place men in situations which magnify their weaknesses for the simple delight of showing Himself strong to all observers”


Ed McCully (Age 28)“I have one desire now-to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it..."


Jim Elliot (Age 28)
--> “God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life and may I burn for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one, like you, Lord Jesus.”




Roger Youderian (Age 31)
"I will die to self. I will begin to ask God to put me in service of constant circumstances where to live Christ I must die to self. I will be alive unto God. That I may learn to love Him with my heart, mind, soul, and body."




Nate Saint (Age 32)
"People who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget that they too are expending their lives ... and when the bubble has burst, they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted. ..If God would grant us the vision, the word ‘sacrifice’ would disappear from our lips and thoughts; we would hate the things that seem now so dear to us; our lives would suddenly be too short; we would despise time-robbing distractions and charge the enemy with all our energies in the name of Christ."


“God does not require that we be successful; only that we be faithful.”
-Mother Theresa

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder friend. :) It's a good meditation for this wintery day. I spent time this morning looking at the Christmas tree lights, drinking coffee, reading Jim's journals and praying for you. I miss the time when every morning could start this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was once again reminded why I have such admiration for these men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dream not too long ago about these fellows. I was in a crowd someplace that had a lot of unbelievers in it and we were all listening to a man on a stage behind a pulpit. The only thing I can remember of what he said about these men was this, "People say that they had to be out of their minds to do what they did! (referring to going into the jungle and spending nights on that beach) Well, they WERE out of their minds...out of their earthly minds and into their spiritual ones!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!