Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just decorated my Grandpa's side of the house for Christmas, and am sitting with him watching White Christmas. He interrupts the show with his silly comments or random stories. (One such comment just popped out a second ago when a very lithe, very young Betty Haynes comes out in her dazzlingly white outfit for one of the shows. "Why, she looks just like my mother." Then he smirks, (his mother never looked like that) and looks at me for my response.
I love this...
Our Christmas tradition. :)

I want to learn to better cherish moments with those around me. To live fully in those moments; to delight in the sweetness of relationships and the joy of being with people I love with all my heart... and even--dare I say--their quirks. I've been praying recently that God will fill my heart with greater love for people. Great Source of Love, infuse me with it!

6 comments:

  1. Learning to love as God does has been on my heart and in my prayers also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I L.O.V.E. grandpas in silly moods!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teddy, dahling, you commented on the same post twice. KaCHIG! You get the Super Bloggie prizefor this month; an all expenses paid safari in South Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Dani!! Miss you!!
    Mrs. Mac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you Merry Christmas, dear friend :) Its Sophie btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Mac thank you SO MUCH! And the same to you! Love you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

    And thanks Sophie! Right back at ya! Enjoy time with family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!