Sunday, October 02, 2011

You just gotta know my Gramps...

Just a few hours ago, I was on the beach in Naples, Florida. With my toes dug into the cool sand, I watched as the last orange, searingly brilliant sliver of sun melted into the sea.

Wow.
Breathtaking. There's not much that makes me worship quite like a sunset in Florida.

After the show, I trudged up the soft sands to where my Grandpa Oriti sat on a bench. The breeze was constant but gentle, and the palm trees were now silhouetted black against the tangerine sky. I sat next to Grandpa and we were quiet for a while. Then he inched his arm gently around my shoulders and broke the silence.

"You know what, Dani?"
"What, Gramps?"
"I think I could sit here with you for....

....for another three minutes or so."




5 comments:

  1. bahaahaaa! I can totally hear him saying that!! ahhh, your gramps is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! That is so "Oriti-ish"! Amazing how alike brothers are :) Sunsets...one of God's many marvelous masterpieces! Great seeing you and the rest of the gals at Girl's Night Out. I sure needed some laughs and it did not disappoint!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great...I can hear him saying that...he cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...that is awesome. i can tell without ever even meeting them in person (yet)...i love your fam! and...you are the traveling-est person i know!

    also, your last post...WOW!! loved loved loved it. in fact, i shared it on my facebook (hope that's ok). it was so great. thanks for blogging! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for my laugh of the day! =-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!