Saturday, July 02, 2011

Missing them...




It's hard to believe that my year in the Cove with "Doc and the Little Lady" has really passed. Two people whom I had never met 12 months ago made me cry a few days ago as I said goodbye. I suppose the only thing that makes goodbyes bearable is when I convince myself that they really aren't final goodbyes; I'll see the people I love again. And maybe even soon.

Isn't it amazing, that--at least I've found it so-- when an experience passes and the memory of it becomes a snapshot of sorts in one's mind, the beauty of it seems to come into sharper, clearer focus while any part of it that's not so pleasant to remember melts into an intangible haze on the fringe of your mind? So it is with this life experience that God gifted to me. I think back in wonder to the many ways I've been blessed, trained, equipped, and enriched through my time with the Grens... and my heart wells up with thanks to the Giver of all such good things.

I cant' shake the feeling that the "end of an era" for me ought to be given some more eloquent musing (and it will be--in my mind and heart where it belongs!)...but in the meantime, I will leave you, my patient reader, with the same words with which I left Mr. Gren:

2 comments:

  1. OH YEAH! Good ending. ;-)
    It has been neat as just a bystander to watch your time w/ the Grens; how the Lord has stretched you introduced you to new people and places and etc. etc. It's encouraging to see His hand in the lives of friends. Like you said, it is becoming more and more clear to you, may He continue to teach you through it even as this chapter in your life "closes".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new pic, sis! Does the whole I'll be back thing work for AK? Love you! Carlee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!