Thursday, May 21, 2009

It has taken me about 2 collective hours to make this post so you all BETTAH enjoy it.
I'm trying this on a Mac and it's just not what I'm used to, so I feel dumb and everything is taking so long. I think my love for Apple begins and ends with iPods.
It was so disappointing when our flight into Nome was turned around on Sunday because of the fog! We literally buzzed the houses and were within feet of landing when the plane swooped back into the air and we turned back around and headed to Anchorage again. Blah! Five wasted hours! Christy and I were blessed to be able to stay in some friend's house overnight while we waited for our flight the next morning.
Anyhow I'm here in Nome and it's gorgeous today! yesterday it was 30 degrees (see pic below of our walk) and today it was 50. The ice is melting. I love the Alaskan bush. Riding around town on a four wheeler! :) It's strange to go to bed at midnight while it's still light, and wake up at 4:00 in the morning to find that it's light again already.
I do have cell coverage here and I'm 4 hours behind all you Ohioans.
I don't feel wordy at all so I guess I'll sign out. Believe it or not, I thought many deep thoughts today and did many exciting things. I just don't feel like writing about it all right now; you know how that goes?
Sorry; stupid post. I've been wanting to post for two days and now I don't know what to say.
I'm going to bed.


Christy and I on the flight from Anchorage to Nome. Notice the deeply pondering man in the background. A bunch of NOME-ads!

3 comments:

  1. I was noticing the gas prices!! YIKES!!! I thought our's were bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! We need some new pictures of Mud City, Lady!! I keep checking back and back and back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The freaky stalker half-guy with the eye behind you guys on the right will defiantly show up in a nightmare for me at some point.....thanks. You couldn't have just like edited him out of the picture for my sake?! hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks--I'll be thrilled to hear from you!